December

To condense this whole month into one post is a difficult matter, but I'll try. From what I can remember, one night I stayed up until dawn helping a dear friend hang ceramics in a stairwell. I needle felted doll-sized hands for a collaborative project while watching various movies and football games. I stuffed pantyhose with fallen leaves and sewed them into mandrake shapes the night before a final while listening to a handful of Christmas songs I found on my laptop. I drank immeasurable amounts of hot tea and ate my stress in chocolate and banana bread. I was a day late in finishing my final for a writing class, a short creative history of nylon stockings. Once the file was emailed, I ran down the streets of Bolton hill at midnight, and though my boots were high heeled I managed to keep my footing on the icy sidewalk that led away from my trashed apartment and the semester that was finally over.

I don't know when the new semester starts. I'm not sure what classes I'm taking. I still need a few more days to deflate before I can inhale that information and begin to think about what I'll be working on in a few weeks. I would like to not think about it at all actually. Maybe I'll just pick up some paints or some junk and see what I make.

The Titanic, the Darr Mine disaster, the Von Trapp family and Christmas are what I've been thinking about lately.

Comments