On the back-burner

My apartment mate has sticky notes with an enormous fat cat at the bottom and the words "I've got a lot on my plate, O.K." They remind me that sometimes it's alright to say, "I'm busy, please forgive me if I fall short of expectations" as long as it doesn't turn into a habit.  Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the fact that I still haven't written a simple one paragraph and found one picture to submit to a website I was asked to contribute to months ago. What I've accomplished recently outweighs what I haven't done, but that's not an excuse.  

I've been trying to figure out what I can write about and I think I've narrowed it down to these topics:

-The word "want" and it's over-usage, possibly in relation to a collaboration I did a few years ago.
-Stitching and the significance of mending in my work, in the work of others, and it's symbolism in general.


Other things I've been thinking about but not considering for this project:

-Seasons and how I still love autumn even though the most difficult things always seem to happen during those months.
-Silence because sometimes I put the radio on just to avoid thinking.
-Satisfaction and the paradox of how it's possible to be content with the simplest things while simultaneously desiring change and continually striving to be better at and do everything I know I am capable of.



Comments