Back Again

We have these bodies and the ability to say so much with them without words.  I think very few people realize this and those that do are true artists.

I wrote that on the cover of a program from March 24, 2012 when I went to the Center for Performance Research in Brooklyn.  I dug up the program because while at work, Fleetwood Mac's Never Going Back Again came on and I wondered why I noticed it. I then remembered the performance that had used played "been down one time, been down two times," over and over again. The woman who performed, wearing peachy cream colored silk bloomers and a chemise, repeated tired motions, her back bent forward shoulders slumped, feet peddling the floor, arms bouncing limply at her sides. Fighting with her body at times.

I haven't been able to talk all day.

Comments